Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where's Spring??

How long is it taking winter to end in the Northeast?
I once heard an Emerson, Lake and Palmer record that seemed less interminable.
Snowfall is predicted for the Northeast tomorrow, and not necessarily just a coating - there are forecasts of up to ten inches in New Jersey, where I live. A winter storm watch for my home county of Essex has been downgraded to a much less serious winter weather advisory, and for only twelve hours - midnight tonight to noon tomorrow. A winter storm warning, however, is in effect for Morris County - right next door.
So while my hometown will probably get a mix of rain and snow with less accumulation, I probably won't see much in the way of grass for awhile after today.
I'm just glad Easter falls late this year. It's hard celebrating Easter when the weather makes it seem like Christmas.

No comments: