Saturday, June 25, 2005

In a Good Mood

Well, I had a very pleasant day today - my first since last Saturday.
Sachiyo Ito, the woman whose Japanese dance company I've been doing volunteer work for, held a recital at New York's Lincoln Center - nothing formal, mind you, it was a free recital in the library auditorium. She and her company did several Okinawan traditional and court dances. I was expecting dances similar to the ones I'd seen from her company before, but most of them were very ornate and theatrical. It was actually a bit unsettling to see the dancers, including Ms. Ito herself, in full white makeup for the first time! Anyway, I went backstage afterwards - that's right, I got to go backstage! :-D - and Ms. Ito, having already transformed back into herself, was very delighted that I came. As always, she was very sweet and gracious. I had some time in the city after the recital, so I took a walk in Central Park, one of my favorite places in Manhattan.
I had a trying week, but I was fianlly able to get a few things done that I'd had to put off, including washing and waxing my car. Right now I'm very happy. I remain active with Ms. Ito's dance company, I'm writing a new article, and my car looks damn good! :-D

No comments: