Wednesday, January 19, 2005

America Offline?

I'm mad as hell.
My Internet service has broken down on me repeatedly these past few days. If it's not suddenly disconnecting, it's informing me that it's detected a problem - with an explanation that only the most diehard computer geek could understand - and I have to start all over again if I want to continue. I have to make a mental note of when I first got on because AOL doesn't inform me how much time I've spent online if I'm suddenly disconnected without warning. Sometimes any site I've typed in for the first time gets wiped out when the computer has to "update" (i.e., redo the settings to the way they were before I initially signed on) my AOL data.
This only started when it got really cold out. The telephone doesn't go out in the cold, but computer dialup service does?
I'm really mad as hell! >:-(

No comments: