Friday, January 9, 2004

Weather and Yahoo

Well, there have been a few comings and goings in the past few days. Right now, it's very frigid in the Northeast, with afternoon high temperatures in the upper teens and low twenties. Brrrr!!!! Anyway, here's what's been going on with me.
Several months ago, I applied to join a Yahoo group devoted to the legendary French actress Catherine Deneuve, and it remained in pending status for an eternity. This week, I finally got accepted. Me and several dozen others - the keeper of the group has been just a wee bit lax in processing all these applications for group membership and is now playing catch-up. I get a new e-mail every time the group approves a new member, and my e-mail "in" box has been getting flooded with such notifications all week! (They referred to Deneuve by her initials, "CD." I'd forgotten about my own membership application, so at first I thought they were unsolicited e-mails selling membership in a Columbia House-type compact disc club!)
Anyway, it's a fun group. There are members from all over the world, including Armenia. We talk about Catherine Deneuve's movies, trade anecdotes, and the like. Some of us post pictures! :-) I belong to a few Yahoo! groups, and this is one of the better ones.
Meanwhile, I've been watching The Weather Channel a lot to see when this cold snap will end (answer: not any time soon), and I've noticed the freak snowstorm that hit Oregon, where winters are usually rainy. A lot of guys, incidentally, watch The Weather Channel not for the weather report but for Kristina Abernathy, a very attractive on-camera meteorologist (OCM) who is very popular with men and has a lot of Internet sites and groups devoted to her and her attractiveness. I told my mother about this, and she thought it was a stupid waste of time for men to indulge in such foolishness.
Perhaps I'd better not tell her about the Yahoo group devoted to The Weather Channel OCM Vivian Brown that I belong to. ;-)

No comments: