Saturday, September 5, 2020

An Open Letter To Janet Evans About Her Web Site

And it's very quick.
*
Dear Janet:
It's been awhile since I wrote you an open letter on this blog, but, having noted your forty-ninth birthday last week, I couldn't help but notice . . . 

Your Web site has been flagged as "unsafe" by my virus detector.
Because you just celebrated a birthday, and because you're still my all-time favorite female Olympian, I was prompted to look at your site and see what you're up to these days, but I'm not going to do that if there's a problem with it.  Am I right in assuming that you haven't updated it because of that other virus - COVID-19 - which is now ravaging your home state of California as I type this?  And would I also be right in assuming you're busy protecting your lovely family from this nasty virus, which can do far more damage to the general population than any computer bug could do to your page or to anyone who may click on the link to it?
Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to bring this to the attention of you and anyone else who still follows you.  And please take your time in fixing your site, Janet, because I know there are more important things to worry about, seeing as we're living in times crazier than when you saw that bomb in Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park go off before your eyes.  Take care.
Sincerely, 
Steven Maginnis
P.S.  Just as a matter of curiosity, Janet, did you, seeing as you have a personal connection to the story, see Clint Eastwood's movie Richard Jewell?   Because I understand that Donovan Bailey recommends it. :-) 

No comments: