Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Clarification: January 10, 2017

In an earlier post about the election, I wrote that "even if everyone who voted for Dr. [Jill] Stein in swing states won by Trump except Michigan had voted for Hillary, the Democrats still would have lost."  I don't think that came out right . . . what I meant was that if everyone who voted for Dr. Stein in swing states that Trump won - apart from Michigan, which didn't even report its results until after the election was called - voted for Hillary Clinton, Hillary still would have lost these states to Trump, but if everyone in Michigan had voted for Hillary Clinton as well, she would have won Michigan . . .  but still would have lost the election, 288 electoral votes to 243 as opposed to 304 to 227, not counting the seven electoral votes that went to other candidates.
Complicated, no?
I now return to my blog at the point where I interrupted it . . ..   

No comments: