Monday, September 16, 2013

The Good Guys Don't Always Win

And, if they're fighting gun violence in America, their not winning at all . . . ever.
Remember that foolish maxim the National Rifle Association's Wayne LaPierre offered in December 2012 after the Newtown school shooting, in which he advocated armed guards in every school in America? "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun," LaPierre declared, "is a good guy with a gun."  Well, the U.S. Navy yard in Washington D.C. - a military installation - obviously must have had several good guys with guns guarding the heavily civilian-staffed facility, yet the bad guy with a gun was only killed by good guys with guns (the D.C. police)  after he killed thirteen people.
Don't expect the good guys without guns to get any gun control legislation through Congress.  And don't expect me to say more about this shooting than I already have, because I'm probably going to say something I'm only going to regret if I do. 

No comments: