Thursday, August 9, 2012

El Segundo Derecho Agosto?

I know I need an inverted question mark for that title, but what the hell . . .
No, not necessarily a derecho, but the weather forecast calls for thunderstorms in New Jersey tomorrow, and this time there may not be a single acre of New Jersey that gets spared, which means that the chances of a power failure (no, blackout) in my part of the state or even of a tree falling on out property (which actually happened once, remember!) should increase exponentially.  This is just a heads-up on what could happen, of course, not what will happen, though don't be surprised if I'm out of commission here for a day or so.  One way or another, I still hope to wrap up my Olympic commentary.
Speaking of which, I hope to spend a lot less time here for awhile once the Olympics are over, because commenting on the Games is exhausting me.  Besides, the only thing I'll have to comment on as of Monday is the presidential election campaign, and I don't want to waste a lot of time on that, do I? :-D

No comments: