Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Rut

Well, I had an interesting weekend.
It snowed in northern New Jersey over the weekend, and even though it was supposed to be a coating and melt quickly, it snowed enough that I had to shovel late on Saturday night.
Last night - or rather, this morning - I went to bed at 1:30 in the morning and didn't get much sleep after having looked in vain for my keys. I thought they were gone for good, and I tossed and turned at the idea of spending two hundred dollars to replace my computerized car key fob. I left a note to my mother asking her to leave her house keys behind so I could make copies of the them. I turned out that I hadn't lost my keys - my mother took them thinking they were hers.
But at least we got out lights on our Christmas tree.
I'm pretty tired right now.
Not very inspired this morning. Sorry.
I think today I'll read that James Monroe biography that I checked out of the library. Maybe that'll make me feel good.
(You have to know your American history to get that joke.)

No comments: