Monday, December 19, 2005

Stinky Sunday

If you thought my Saturday was tough, my Sunday was a real stinker. Literally. Yesterday, I went for a walk at around 4 P.M. to mail some Christmas cards; I dropped a couple of them on the sidewalk and had to walk back from the mailbox to find them, wasting ten minutes. After that I walked to the supermarket, as planned, and bought some motor oil for my car. It was dark by the time I got back to my house, but I still had to add oil to my car right away . . . and despite having the driveway light on, I had trouble seeing what I was doing and spilled some oil in the engine bay. Now the spilled motor oil - whatever spilled oil I couldn't clean off the engine myself - is burning itself out, and it smells terrible. Oh well, next weekend is Christmas . . ..

No comments: