Trump had to ruin steak too?
Trump is responding to suffering cattle ranchers and meat packers burdened by his tariffs not be repealing the tarifs but by buying - in bulk, apparently - steaks from Argentina to increase the beef supply and drive prices down.
So what if the Argentine beef he's buying might be contaminated with botulism-laden organisms?
Well, that's what you get when you vote for President who wines and dines with Argentines.
And Kuwaitis.
And Qataris and Emiratis too, for that matter.
And no sense entertaining them with margaritas on the White House lawn, that back yard won't be in good enough shape for a long time, thanks to the UFC cage fight.
I love steak. On Election Day 2024, my fifty-ninth birthday, I cooked a nice, juicy steak for dinner. Last year, I celebrated my sixtieth birthday at a steakhouse. I can't have a steak this year for my sixty-first birthday, and all because 77 million voters couldn't stomach the idea of a black female President with a Jewish husband. Now it's the steaks you can't stomach. This year my birthday falls on a Thursday for the last time until 2037. If I want to live to see 2037, I won't have a steak for my birthday dinner this year. Or next year or the year after.
And 2029 is still in doubt.

No comments:
Post a Comment