Sunday, August 16, 2026

I Made A Film . . .

I'm sorry I've been away.  First I got distracted by more important matters - like my reporting job - and then I found myself going down the rabbit hole of AI experimentation on Google Gemini.  After a few days, I made a short movie.

The short movie is an AI-generated one-woman show from a mime artist . . . with a twist.  Her show is taking off her mime makeup after busking in the park, getting out of character, and talking to an admirer for ten minutes.  I won't say any more than that about it.  You have to see the film.  

I will say this much about it.  The female mime artist in the film was generated by AI as well.  She does not really exist.

Some of you may know that I wrote profile articles about a couple of female mime artists based in the New York area.  There was a third female mime artist I tried to write an article about, but that effort foundered and eventually had to be abandoned.  Many of the details in this movie are exaggerations of their real-life stories (that's what makes it fiction), while other details are simply - no pun intended - made up.  

I debut the film on YouTube tomorrow (August 17).  In the meantime, I made a promotional preview for it. Here it is.  (This is clearly not going on YouTube.)  Enjoy.


No comments: