Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Pulling the Plug On My VW Blog

My blog advocating that the base eighth-generation Volkswagen Golf be included in the U.S. and Canadian Volkswagen lineups is being terminated as of April 30.

I have numerous reasons for ending my blog.  No one is engaging with me, I'm running out of things to say, and my readership is puny . . . but most of all, VW is obviously not bring the base Golf back to North America any time soon or any time later.  This should have been apparent to me when Volkswagen AG decided that it was a waste of time trying to convince enough Americans to buy their European products, like hatchbacks, to make VW a big player in the United States (something it's never been, even when it was the top selling import car in the United States thanks to the Beetle, because the import market was much smaller then), and so Volkswagen wants to offer more American-style vehicles, like SUVs.
Did I happen to mention that SUVs accounted for five out of six Volkswagens sold in the U.S. in 2022? 
War's over.  I surrender.  Volkswagen has betrayed its American fan base.   I don't think I'll buy a new Volkswagen until and unless I move to Europe . . . and my only business with Volkswagen while I still live in the States is and will be buying new parts to keep my Mark 6 Golf going. 

No comments: