Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Back On Tape

Current events at this time are too much for me to comment on, so I thought I'd update all of you on a post I wrote last month.  I have a new cassette player.

My old cassette player, actually a Spectra-made Studebaker (yes, Studebaker, like the car) cassette/compact disc player, had a bad cassette deck, so I successfully replaced it under warranty with the exact same model.  My new cassette/CD player (like the one below) works just fine, not playing tapes at too slow a speed, and so I am happy again.

I think the problem with the old one was that I hadn't broken it in soon enough.  I got it for Christmas in 2019, but when COVID hit a few months later, I lost interest in playing music.  I probably let it atrophy too long, and I also let it literally collect dust (never a good thing to do with stereo equipment).  This new one should last longer and work better, now that I'm wiser in how to care for it . . . and how often I should use it.  Because lack of use of a product can be just as bad as abuse.  Anyway, with a working tape player again, I don't have to replace my tapes with CDs for now, so I'm thankful for that on this day before Thanksgiving.

Back later . . . 

No comments: