Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hiatus Announcement

I am announcing, for the first time since a fan broke on my old personal computer in April and got a new PC a couple of weeks later, that I am putting my blog on hiatus due to Hurricane Irene and the possibility of a power failure that could last for a couple of days, but also due to the fact that I need a break for a brief time. I've been burned out somewhat, and I was already writing smaller entries this week. I had planned to unwind this week, but, ironically, Irene has me all wound up - more so than before this time last week.
Assuming my power stays on - there's a fifty-fifty chance of that - I'll make a brief report on Wednesday, August 31, reporting what happened to my area as the result of Irene. (Even if my house is unscathed, many other in my area very well may be.) But apart from updating my Music Video Of the Week feature every Friday (assuming I have power by next Friday), I'll probably stay off until some time after Labor Day, even if I don't lose electricity.
And if the power at my house does go off and stay off for a long time, I might not be posting at all in September unless my local library is online.
Thanks for following my blog, and I hope I won't be gone for long. I may not be back for awhile, but, to quote my favorite female athlete Janet Evans, who turns forty tomorrow (I just wanted to get that in! :-D), I'll still be around.

No comments: