Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Random Thoughts on TV and Female Leaders

Oh yeah, I finally got around to watching "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS last night. . . . It's a good sitcom, but I don't know if it will last. I'd say it's on a wait-and-see basis.
And yes, I noticed that ABC's "Commander In Chief," starring Geena Davis in the title role, is getting higher ratings than NBC's "The West Wing," even though that shouldn't matter as they are on at separate nights. "The West Wing" focuses on the election to replace President Josiah Bartlet with either a Mexican-American incumbent House member (no incumbent House member has won the Presidency since James A. Garfield in 1880) or a moderate Republican from California. Apparently both prospects are even less believable than a female President.
And as if Hillary Clinton needed any more inspiration for 2008, Angela Merkel just became the first female chancellor of Germany. Germany, the only country more masculine than we are!

No comments: