Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My Weekend (And Other Things)

I had a good weekend. I went down to Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, in the Brandywine Valley on Sunday to enjoy the annual Mushroom Festival, where I saw some really cool displays on how mushrooms are grown, got to eat some delcious breaded mushrooms, and saw a fine show of local artists. Then I went to Longwood Gardens and enjoyed a carillon concert. :-)
My writing career is in a funk, though. The article I've been working on doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and an article I've finished isn't any closer to getting published than it was three months ago. Last night I went to the monthly open microphone reading session of my writer's group, but the manuscript I was hoping to read (a short story of mine) wasn't where I thought I put it and I couldn't print a new one in time, so I ended up reading nothing.
I'm wondering if I should take this as a hint. :-(

No comments: