Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Rear-Ended

You know how things sometimes get worse when you think they can't? Or go bad just as they're getting good? I'm not sure how things were at 8:15 AM yesterday, but . . . things got really bad. I was trying to pull out onto a county highway at a tricky hairpin intersection when I got rear-ended. Badly. By a driver in a. . . Scion! The xB breadbox wagon model!
I was always afraid of my prized VW Golf getting hit like that, but I always thought it would get hit by an SUV or a pickup, not a pesky little Scion! (The driver, contrary to stereotype, was not a hip Echo Boomer but an old guy who also, as his license plate indicated, happened to be a Freemason!) The damage to the rear bumper could have been worse, but it's bad enough. I have to get it repaired by a body shop as soon as I can.
I was already scheduled to bring in my VW for a recall, which I thought was no big deal. This . . . this is a big deal.
Not very cheery right now . . .. :-(

No comments: