Saturday, June 18, 2005

New Profile Article In The Works!

It happened! I finally interviewed the jazz radio DJ I'd been trying to write an article about!
Her name is Awilda Rivera, and she hosts the evening program on Newark, New Jersey's WBGO-FM. She is indeed a fascinating woman. She spent two hours telling me how she originally worked at a job in Manhattan and how she made the transition to a radio career, and how she agressively promotes Latin jazz at a time when most stations won't even play it - or they play music they think is Latin jazz. I could have listened to her for two more hours. Heck, when the interview was winding down and I got all the information I wanted, she kept on talking, telling me about her personal life as if I were a friend. Not to put a fine point on it, folks, but Ms. Rivera and I definitely clicked. I have a good feeling about this article.
So what's next? I write it, of course. I did the interview today, and I'm going to try to start tomorrow. I don't know how often I'll be posting here in the meantime, but I'm not declaring a hiatus just yet; I'll still be around. :-)

No comments: