Monday, October 11, 2004

Woman From Tokyo

I may have lost my job, but I have a unique opportunity to add office experience to my résumé next month.
Sachiyo Ito is a professional dancer from Japan who is now based in New York and has run her own Japanese dance company since 1981. She's looking for volunteers to help with mailings and flyers - along with helping with dance presentations - and she needs such help when she returns from Japan in early November. Even before I lost my job, I wrote her an e-mail and offered her my services. She was very gracious in her reply, and she was happy to have me come aboard. So that's what I plan to do. (I originally planned to work for Ms. Ito on Saturdays, but of course I have every day free now! :-O )
If you're interested in Ms. Ito and her company, go here.

No comments: