Monday, October 11, 2004

Unemployed Again

So you're probably wondering why i'm posting an entry on my blog on a day when I should be working. No, I don't have Columbus Day off. I have every day off for the foreseeable future now.
I got fired.
I mishandled the funds in the postage meter, and I cost the law firm I worked with a considerable amount of money. Despite my attempts to explain what happened, a senior lawyer at the firm told me that it wasn't working out and that I had to go.
I wrote his uncle - who runs the firm but was not in today - an e-mail begging for my job back. I'm not going to hold my breath.
I liked this job, too. The worst part of losing it is that I just plain screwed up and made a mistake that could have been avoided.
Now what? The job market is no better than it was when I returned to the workforce seven months ago. It seems even worse, in fact. :-(

No comments: