Saturday, January 24, 2004

Out Of Time

Yesterday was a lousy day. I went to a discount mart to buy a new strap for my watch, then as soon as I found one, I dropped my watch on the floor and it broke. I already have a nicer watch, but now the one I wear in casual everyday situations was gone. I then went to four separate discount department stores to find a replacement, and I found nothing. I finally went to my local jewelry store, where I expected to find only expensive watches, but I found and bought a decent one for twenty-four dollars. I still spent seventeen dollars more than I would have for just a lousy strap.
I was supposed to hear yesterday whether or not I got a job I'd applied for, but no call came. I also heard the children's television show host Bob "Captain Kangaroo" Keeshan, whom I remember from my own childhood, died. I then found out that "Ed," which escaped cancellation last season, might very well get axed this season. And it's still cold here in New Jersey, with more snow on the way. I am not in a good mood. :-(

No comments: