Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Down To the Wire

Well, this is the final week in which I can qualify for unemployment benefits before I exhaust them. And I still haven't found a job yet. Right now I'm sending resumes and cover letters and applying for jobs in person left and right - involving five openings so far this week, and it's only Wednesday - in an effort to get anything, and soon. I feel like a pryotechnician at a Fourth of July fireworks display, setting off the last of the fireworks all at once for a grand finale and going out on a final blaze of glory!
However, there are at least two jobs that look promising, the town cashier's job in Parsippany (I'm still waiting for a word on that) and a job in an optometrist's office I have an interview for on Friday. I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments: