Wednesday, January 21, 2004

A Whole Lot Going On

Sorry I've been away these past few days, but I've had a lot happen to me.
Just before a job interview I had on Monday, I backed my car out of the garage, and I hit my right rear view mirror against the garage doorway! :-O The frame cracked and the mirror dangled out of its socket, but it wasn't as bad as it looked; I had the mirror snapped back into place, and I repaired the crack with KrazyGlue and used touchup paint on the scratches, so now it looks as good as new. Well, almost.
I had an job interview with a bank today for a telling position, and I applied for a teller job at another bank in the meantime. Both banks are located in my hometown. I could very well get a job at one of them, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. A third bank in my hometown got held up yesterday, and the robber got away! :-O
My Monday interview was for an optometrist - a clerical job that also involves fitting eyeglasses - but I think I'll turn it down before the optometrist has the chance to turn me down. I don't think it would work out.
One other thing I'm giving up is the chance to work on Howard Dean's presidential campaign. Because of his loss in Iowa Monday? Actually, it's because of the alarmingly animated pep talk he gave after he lost the Iowa caucuses on Monday! (Bill Maher should certainly have a few choice words to say about it. Jay Leno already offered his.) As a political independent, I feel that the best thing for me to do is, as always, sit out the nominating process and get behind the eventual Democratic nominee. Even if it's Al Sharpton. Getting behind a candidate now is too foolhardy when that candidate could drop out before March, and besides, New Jersey's June presidential primary is a meaningless, irrelevant formality anyway.
As for Dean . . . you know something's wrong with him when Republicans in Washington think he's too unstable to be President. . .and Democrats in Washington agree with them! :-(

No comments: