Monday, December 1, 2003

I Protest Bush

Well, boys and girls, after bitching about Bush so much, I finally got around to joining a protest against him!
It happened outside a hotel in suburban New Jersey, where Dub appeared at a fundraising dinner in which people paid two thousand dollars a plate to let him continue an unjust war in Iraq, poison our waters, and send our jobs to Mexico, among other crimes. Dozens of people gathered outside with signs and sang songs and chanted anti-Bush slogans when the presidential entourage appeared. It was pretty cool, looking at the clever signs, gawking at the press, and all that. Wonder if I helped make a difference? Yeah, sure.
Also I met my friend Leigh Davis there, whom I hadn't seen in nearly six months. So what happened? I was supposed to be on a mailing list to help her with her public access television show, but I was somehow left off. Which worked out fine, since they ended up having to rewrite and start reshooting the first installment, so not much got done. But with the 2004 presidential campaign just beginning in earnest, things could finally get moving. Leigh and her other buddies have already gotten off to a decent start, so I hope to get in on the action soon.
Tomorrow's another day . . ..

No comments: