Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I Joined a Writers' Group

So what's up with me personally? Well, I just joined another writing group! And I started writing again!
The writers' group I just joined is a large one that meets in the public library of nearby Montclair, New Jersey (which, for those unfamiliar with the town, is sort of a transplanted, suburbanized Upper West Side). It's a very large group, so there's not much chance of me meeting the same people twice even if I attend regularly (most people don't). But it's a far sturdier and better structured group than the one I was in that broke up. This group should turn out to be a happier experience for me.
My latest piece of writing is a fictional piece about a man and a woman from different - very different - backgrounds who are in a relationship, and a drastic turn of events causes one of the participants to wonder whether this relationship has any real future. (Yeah, I'm trying to write fiction again, even though I've never been very good at it. Go figure.) At least that's the story I'm trying to write; the end result could be a whole lot different.
As for the various profile articles I've been trying to write, the women I've been writing about or trying to write about have been busy, so all of those projects are indefinitely stalled. Hopefully, I'll get back to them later, but in the meantime, I have the challenge of writing this story. I am keeping up my skills on this 'blog somewhat, but it's not really enough.

No comments: