Thursday, June 26, 2003

About The Latest News

Two miscellaneous musings (hey, that's my blog, folks!) I'd like to toss out just for the heck of it:
I noticed in today's TV listings that Montel Williams has on his show today women who confront their fears of "feet, clowns, mushrooms, escalators, and the four basic food groups." Where, I wonder - at the grand opening of a two-story supermarket?
I just remembered a quote from former Treasury Secretary Donald Regan, who died a couple of weeks ago, that serves as the best way to remember him. When someone complained to Regan that he only respected self-made millionaires like himself, Regan replied, "Not true! I also have great respect for people of inherited wealth." Anyone who remembers the magnitude of the 1981 Reagan tax cuts, which Regan oversaw, will find that quote appropriate.

No comments: