Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Losing My Dinner

For those who wondered when the American mainstream media establishment would finally collapse into irrelevance, the suspense ended with the rescheduled 2025 White House Correspondents' Association dinner this past weekend. 

I can't think of a more disgusting sight in recent memory than Trump donning a "TRUMP 2028" ball cap while giving a monumentally incoherent speech even for him and announcing his fourth presidential candidacy for 2028 despite the fact that he's term-limited.  Members of the White House press corps actually laughed - not at Trump but with him, as if the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution never mattered.  Trump further undistinguished himself with insults directed toward Kaitlan Collins, who had just won an award for her reporting.  As Collins has become famous for holding Trump to account, Trump was eager to bring her down a few notches for insulting her appearance.
She happens to be a beautiful woman.  But, as I learned when I had to shut down my beautiful-women picture blog, that shouldn't matter.
What really made me want to throw up was the behavior of Kristen Welker.  I have already discussed Welker disappointing me and later disgusting me with her acquiescence toward Trump, both before and after the presidential election that forced Kamala Harris into early retirement; Welker, like Collins, started out dealing with Trump nonchalantly and letting him control the narrative.  But while Collins was able to transcend her own supplication and emerge as one of CNN's most fearless reporters, Welker has become an unbearable NBC stooge in the tradition of Chuckles the Clown (formerly Chuck Todd), her predecessor as the moderator of "Meet the Press."  But all of her journalistic crimes before this past weekend are minor compared to what she did at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner.
Welker was actually caught on camera talking to - and laughing it up with - Stephen Miller.    
Stephen . . . Miller.
Stephen Miller, the fascist Trump aide who has thrown migrants in jail for trying to seek shelter in the U.S. and . . . for being brown.  The fascist Trump aide who thinks that people who look like Kristen Welker shouldn't be in this country, and who has his job because Trump was voted back in by people who think biracial people like Kristen Welker - born to a white father and a black mother - are a mistake.  That Stephen Miller.  Not Steve Miller, the rock and roll musician.
Kristen Welker was seen as a bright, sharp TV reporter who also happened to be good-looking back in 2011, when I featured her on my beautiful-women picture blog, and she became my most viewed subject, with comments each made up of a single word - most of those single-word comments being adjectives that complimented her journalistic skills.  I've talked about that before.  At the time I ended my beautiful-women picture blog, Kristen Welker was a big reason I ended it.  Not the biggest reason, but still a big one.  This picture of her enjoying the company of Stephen Miller destroyed any respect I might have still had for her.
I don't even watch or listen to mainstream broadcast news anymore - I haven't since November 2024.  I consume a lot of independent media on YouTube.  Jim Acosta's channel is one of the best.  I hope Kaitlan Collins starts her own YouTube channel when the Ellison family's attempt to buy out CNN's parent company and put Bari Weiss at the head of CNN comes to pass (the takeover is still in limbo) so she can continue her fearless reporting on Trump.  
But even if Kristen Welker were to admit tomorrow that she was wrong and has changed her ways, I'm finished with her.  Given her movie-star looks, not even a Hollywood ending, ironically, can save her career.

No comments: