Tuesday, March 6, 2018

What Could Be Worse Than a March Nor'easter?

How abut two March nor'easters?
The National Weather Service is predicting another coastal storm for the American Northeast to strike tomorrow.  I got through the last storm this past Friday without a blackout, and because the wind is not expected to be severe as last time, the chances of a blackout from wind in this next storm are much less likely.  However, because we could get an average of ten inches of snow, and because the snow is of the heavy and wet, not powdery and dry, variety, it could still do a number on our electricity by accumulating on the power lines.  True, wet snow has knocked our power out only once before in a snowstorm between early December and late March, but if there's always a first time, there's always a second time as well.  And that means that Donald Trump could get re-elected President.
Oh yeah, a third nor'easter is possible next week.  And, truth be told, the last nor'easter wasn't supposed to be as bad inland as along the coast; in fact, inland northern New Jersey suffered the most blackouts and the greatest damage in the state from it. 
For personal as well as meteorological reasons, this is turning out to be my worst March in years.  Sometimes I wish I were more like Alice Cooper, whose image is in the meme above (stolen from the 1978 Sgt. Pepper movie).  Do I mean that I'd like to have a No-More Mr.-Nice-Guy, take-no-prisoners approach and just laugh at all the horror around me?  No, I mean I wish I could just dunk my face in a pie and sleep through everything! :-D      

No comments: