Tuesday, September 19, 2017

An Open Letter to Hillary Clinton

Dear Hillary:
Stop it.  Just . . . stop it.
Stop blaming everyone else for your loss in the 2016 presidential election.  Why do you even go on about it?  
I'm not going to read your book "What Happened," because, as I've already made it clear in this blog, I know what happened.  You ran a lousy campaign and you gave no compelling argument for why you should be President.  All you did was make an argument against Donald Trump.  But I didn't need you to make that case for me.
Oh, I'm sure there were other factors.  I know the Russians pulled a few tricks here or there, even though I don't think they cost you the election. And I'm not going to deny that voter suppression occurred in certain states.  But you're the one the blame the most for your loss, and downplaying and even denying your culpability by overplaying culpability elsewhere does not do you or the Democratic Party any favors.    
Once your book tour is over and your book is forgotten, just go away.  Walter Mondale went away.  Michael Dukakis went away.  Please do the same, unless you plan to fight climate change or go back to the State Department in a future Democratic presidential administration (assuming there ever is one), which is how Al Gore and John Kerry respectively redeemed themselves after losing their presidential bids to George Walker Bush (although Gore actually won).  Otherwise, we don't need you anymore.  And we don't need or want you to run for President again.  We need . . . 
. . . new leadership.
Sincerely, 
Steven Maginnis
P.S. When you come to Montclair, New Jersey for a book-signing event on September 26, just remember that a hurricane might disrupt your plans.     

No comments: