Friday, August 5, 2016

Ready For Rio

My schedule for next week is tight, so I probably won't be able to blog so much about the 2016 Olympics, at least not where swimming is concerned.  But I hope to catch swimmer Katie Ledecky; she's a huge favorite! :-)
Oh yeah, something else . . . I've just been going over Olympic-related posts from previous Games, and I can't believe how often I repeated myself about the same stories and topics.  Gee, I must have bored a lot of folks out there.  Well, I'm happy to report that I am going to refrain from remembrances of all Olympiads past this time, because I'd rather stay in the present.  
So why did I repeat myself so much in earlier times?  Because after not talking about the Olympics that much for four years, it's easy to forget that you covered Story A or Memory B in the previous quadrennium.  I'm going to be much more mindful of that now.
It's not my job to revisit the same Olympic stories over and over. It's actually Bob Costas's job. :-D

No comments: