Monday, July 18, 2016

Jill Stein Update

As you know, this blog endorses Dr, Jill Stein of the Green Party for President.  I reported in June that she was then on the ballot in 21 states.  She has since gotten on the ballot for November in two more states; I can't remember what the first one was, but I know that her native Illinois is the other. 
Alas, New Jersey remains one of the states that does not have Dr. Stein on the November ballot as of yet, and the deadline for filing petitions for presidential electoral candidates in New Jersey is August 1.  I've checked and double-checked to see if I can write in Dr. Stein if I have to; yes, I can do that.  I'm annoyed, though, that Dr, Stein is on the ballot in Texas - Texas! - but not New Jersey.  One way or another, though, I'll be voting for her.  Sorry, Hillary.  Sorry, Donald.  Contrary to what you both believe, this election isn't about either one of you.

No comments: