Friday, February 5, 2016

Correction and Comment: February 5, 2016

In my post from earlier this week, "This Is Not An Organizational Problem, I listed by name Democrats who made more than one try for the Presidency between 1976 and 2016, but I kept remembering more names after the fact.  I gave up and reworded the original post to read, "[T]he truth is that very few Democratic presidential candidates have made second and/or third tries for their party's nomination in the forty years between Hubert Humphrey's final, feeble bid in 1976 and Hillary's current, second try."  It seems that more Democrats made more than one try for the White House in the past forty years than I remembered.  But none of them ever got there.
Meanwhile, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, and Rand Paul have all dropped out of the Republican presidential nomination contest.  Jim Gilmore, surprisingly, has not. As for Martin O'Malley's withdrawal, I'll have more to say about that soon.   

No comments: