Monday, January 25, 2016

26.8

That's how many inches of snow accumulated this past Saturday in the Blizzard of 2016 (which The Weather Channel insists on calling Winter Storm Jonas) in New York's Central Park.  The regional airports recorded even more snow. :-O 
As you can see from the chart of the New York area's biggest snowstorms, it comes in a close second to the biggest snowstorm ever from nearly a decade earlier - just under a tenth of an inch, or about two or three millimeters.  The Blizzard of '96 - a storm that still gives me feelings of dread every time I think of it - dropped to number six.
And that may not be it.  Later this week - Friday, to be precise - we could get some more snow, and while it's not expected to be as bad as what we just got, it could be bad enough to keep everyone home.
I, for one, am certain it's going to snow on Friday.
Because that's the day I'm supposed to pick up my car from the body repair shop.
Oh yeah, my mother and I are entering the eleventh week of our kitchen remodeling, with no end in sight.  I don't care about Groundhog Day, because, like in the movie of the same name, we seem to relive the same day over and over. :-(   

No comments: