Thursday, September 17, 2015

The West Wing

I don't mean this . . .

. . . I mean Kanye in this office.
You'll notice that since the MTV Video Music Awards (still a contradiction in terms if I ever heard one), where "musical genius Kanye West" ( a contradiction in terms if I ever saw one)  announced his bid for the Presidency in 2020, I haven't said one thing about it.  No jokes about what a West administration would be like, no snide comments about what he'd do to the National Endowment for the Arts, no cruel jokes about Kim Kardashian as First Lady.  I could try to convince you that this is because I've turned over a new leaf to show more respect towards others, but after all of the things I've recently said about Debbie Wasserman Schultz, I don't think you'll buy that.  I decided that I would do no more than mention West's "announcement"; no one really takes him seriously (not this time, anyway), and besides, the possibility of a Trump Presidency is a far more immediate concern.
And the less said about Kanye's clothing line (or any rap star's clothing line), the better.
Oh - was there a GOP presidential debate last night? 

No comments: