Thursday, August 2, 2012

Time Out Of Our Minds

Dear NBC:
I just wrote on my blog defending your decision to show major Olympic events on tape during prime time on the grounds that a) people with nine-to-five jobs obviously can't watch them online at work and b) many people prefer watching TV to watching a computer monitor.  In defending you, I'm in a very small minority here.  (To respond to you wiseacres asking what a large minority is, here's my answer: 49.5 percent.)  So, if you're going to tape-delay a swim race in which Missy Franklin wins a gold medal, don't run a promo for "Today" telling us what happened before you show us . . . what happened.  You're just lucky I didn't catch that promo - either I wasn't paying attention or I had to go to the loo,  I can't remember which.  Next time I might be a little more tuned in.  So watch it!
But in the meantime, thanks for the opportunity for satire. :-D 

No comments: