Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another Storm Front

This may be my last post for awhile.  Yes, there are more severe summer storms being forecast in my area for tonight, and the "d" word - derecho, a word I'd never heard before - has even been brought up, and even the t-word - tornado - has been mentioned.  Rule of thumb - Spanish-language words in weather forecasts are bad news unless the entire weather forecast is in Spanish.
So, I could be affected by something far worse than a blackout.  I sometimes wonder if the weather personalities on TV talk up forecasts like this to get people to watch.  (The Weather Channel, it's been said, is in the dubious position of having to rely on severe weather for higher ratings.) Hopefully, though, I'll be back tomorrow with a new Music Video Of the Week, and hopefully I'll be able to comment on the London Olympics as those Games begin.
But If I'm not, you've been warned.

No comments: