Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Sequence of Extraordinary Coincidences

A couple of bizarre coincidences have happened to me recently.
One was actually very sad. My mother returned home from work and told me that the mother of a woman she worked with had died the day after Thanksgiving. I told her that a woman I know lost her mother the same day. It turned out that the two women were sisters, hence their mother was one and the same person. I told my mother about my friend and she told me about her coworker, but we had no idea they were related. The coincidence was as strange as well as sad. :-(
There were two brighter coincidences that also occurred in the past week. My mother and I went to a concert, and it turned out that two of my friends were there but we never saw them. One of them saw me, and asked me if the woman who was with me was in fact my mother.
The third one necessitates a little name dropping. As many people who read this blog know, I am friends with well-known high-profile fashion models on Facebook. One of them is noted model Maggie Rizer. Yesterday I posted to my beautiful women picture blog a post paying tribute to Maggie Rizer. Then I found out that Ms. Rizer had just given birth to a baby boy exactly one week earlier, and I wasn't even aware she'd been pregnant. I had only connected to her on Facebook just a couple of weeks earlier, through mutual associations, so I had no idea she was expecting. The reason I posted this blog entry devoted to Maggie Rizer was because - honest to goodness - I'd had this entry saved as a draft for months and I simply decided I'd saved it long enough.
Yes, I congratulated her. After all, she's one of my friends now.

No comments: