Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Transport Issues

All's well that ends well. I took my Volkswagen to the dealer today to get my hatchback door latch fixed, and the problem was a loose linkage to the solenoid setup. They just had to adjust and reinstall the mechanism, and along with a new lens for my right side light (which got busted when a shopping cart hit it in a parking lot), the bill came to little more than a hundred dollars.
This almost makes up for the desire I had to kick myself last night, when I rode home from New York on the DeCamp company's #33 commuter bus, only to find out it was the wrong #33 bus, and I ended up only able to go as far as Montclair, twelve miles west of Manhattan, when I lived farther out, so I had to take a cab to get home from Montclair on a cold autumn night - for sixteen dollars!
That's more than a round-trip bus ride to the city. :-O

No comments: