Monday, February 20, 2006

Second Wind For My Writing Projects

Hope springs eternal for my writing projects. I was just ready to give up on both of them when Claire Barratt contacted me about resuming help for my profile about her, which cannot go forward until I get some cool pics to go with them. My article on the jazz radio host Awilda Rivera, however, has proven to be less successful. After writing a lousy first draft, I began a second draft that was turning out to be just as lousy - so much, in fact, that I threw up my hands and gave up on it in disgust. This was in August, at about the same time I lost contact with Ms. Barratt. Frustrated by my lack of progress with both articles, I shelved my work on my article on Ms, Rivera and, to this day, it hasn't come off the shelf. Okay, Ms. Rivera hasn't contacted me since then, but I haven't contacted her since then, either, and I can't say I'm proud of that. But for the past six months, I've been so depressed about my prospects forgetting antything published for the past half year that I haven't been able to bring myself to revisit my Awilda Rivera article (the article on Ms. Barratt is finished). The upshot? I get to spend more time with you folks on this here blog! :-)
Anyway, I was ready to send a note to Ms. Rivera, explain the situation, and tell her to forget about it, when Ms. Barratt got back to me from out of the blue. So maybe I should revisit the Rivera piece and get the damn thing done. I think I'll do just that once the Winter Olympics are done. In the meantime, I'll tune in to the telly and see if Bode Miller actually wins something!

No comments: