Saturday, February 4, 2006

My New CD Player In My Car

I finally got a CD player for my car. Except it's a pain in the neck to load.
Due to my inability to get an in-dash CD player for my Volkswagen, I had to settle for a six-disc changer with a retractable CD magazine, operated from the radio. It works well, and the price was right, but loading the magazine with compact discs, inserting the magazine, and pulling it out when I'm through listening to my discs is difficult. Not just because the magazine itself is hard to push into or eject from the changer, but because it operates . . . from the cargo bay.
If I'm not mistaken, I don't think the changer's CD magazine has to be kept in there all the time, whether there are CDs in there or not. I can take it out, leave it in my room if I so desire, then load it with discs and insert the magazine in the changer when I'm ready to go somewhere. Otherwise, I'm constantly having to open my hatchback door and load it on the spot. Which I don't recommend doing at night!
Aw, heck. I'm just glad I got the damn thing. Now I can listen to my CDs in the VW when I can't find a good commercial station (which I haven't been able to do in a couple of years) or when the one station I constantly listen to, a college station, is broadcasting its college varsity athletic events.
Radio in America is that bad. :-(

No comments: