Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Ball and Jack

I feel a little more confident that I'll live long enough to see the downfall of MAGA.

Senate Republicans called Jack Smith, the former special counsel who had the goods on Trump and would have put in him in prison had Kamala Harris not blown the 2024 election ("He has an enemies list, I have a to-do list!"  Oh, how cute!!!!), to testify on his investigation.  At one point, Senator Eric Schmitt (R-MO) tried to catch Smith in a lie so he could be charged with perjury.  

Schmitt asked Smith where if he was at an Atlanta Hawks basketball game in early 2024 Saturday, February 3, 2024, and Smith replied that he was not.  Schmitt, suddenly thinking he was Perry Mason, declared that he had caught Smith in a lie, saying that there was evidence that he was at a Hawks game on Saturday, February 3, 2024, while in town to collude with prosecutor Fani Willis to go after Trump.  But then Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), whose father was a top sportswriter for the Minneapolis Star-Tribune,  caught Schmitt in an egregious error, noting that he had confused the Atlanta Hawks with the University of Iowa Hawkeyes, whose collegiate women's basketball team, who featured star player Caitlin Clark, played the University of Maryland on Maryland's home court.  Sure enough, Jack Smith was caught on camera at that very game in College Park, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C. - a long way from Atlanta. 

Senator Katie Britt (R-AL), who had apparently planned to follow up with further questioning about Smith's whereabouts on that date, was left with her mouth agape.  She probably was going to follow up with a question to make Smith get himself into deeper trouble and realized how close she'd come to following Schmitt in self-immolation.

Hey, it could have been worse.  😄 

By the way, I know exactly where I was on Saturday, February 3, 2024.  I was at top model Beverly Johnson's one-woman show at the 59 E 59 Theater in New York because I've had a crush on her since 1979 and I wanted to see her in person. And if I'm ever subpoenaed to testify and my whereabouts on that day, I can prove it by pointing out that Beverly Johnson (below) began her show with a slide show of her portfolio and ending with a picture of Bill Cosby and calling him "a fucker."  Just like Eric Schmitt.
(Look, I know it's unnecessary to feature Beverly Johnson's sexy pose from the cover of the February 1976 issue of Cosmopolitan, but because it is so sexy, I like to use it as much as possible. 😀)

No comments: