Friday, August 7, 2026

All That Slop and Glop

The European Union has passed legislation requiring content creators in all member states to identify any Internet content created by AI as just that.  

Don't expect to hear about this in the American mainstream media.  It would only lead to Americans writing to their members of Congress to demand the same thing.  

Personally, I don't mind AI slop, because it's so easy to spot.  See Melania Trump with three legs!  See an "historic picture of the Beatles with John Lennon on left-handed bass!  See a pioneer in a log cabin with an electrical outlet!   And besides, the pictures look more like illustrations than the photographs they purport to be.

As for me, I make AI pictures, but I always identify them because it's the right thing to do.  I'm not talking about magazine covers I remove all of the text from; I'm talking about some of my own pseudo-photographs, made from other AI pseudo-photographs, which I clearly identify as AI.  But usually, I don't have to; my AI pictures are so silly and so ridiculous - made with the intention of mocking AI itself - that they can't possible anything but AI!

And here are some of them. 






Europeans would love me.

No comments: