Sunday, August 18, 2024

This, That and Whatever

Some housecleaning before we move on to this week's Democratic National Convention . . . 

I'm not going to quit political groups on Facebook after all.  When I vowed to do so after I got banned from Facebook groups for a month, Biden was the Democratic presidential candidate and Trump was one election, one demonstration ,and one declaration of martial law away from becoming America's Hitler (as James David Vance once called him).  Things have changed since then, and I'm less apprehensive about the second coming of the Third Reich, although that may still happen.   But at least now I'm not watching Third Reich documentaries ad infinitum now on YouTube.

I'm watching 9/11 documentaries now - which I do every year at this time to hold myself accountable or being out of the loop that day and ending up stranded in the Wilmington, Delaware Amtrak station.

However, my plan to terminate my Martin O'Malley Facebook group is still on.

I'm still looking for a new home for my Abraham Lincoln bust, but it turns out that part of the back lot that became a community park may actually be on my side of the property line.  I think I might be able to place my bust in a different location and make it look like it's part of the park despite being on my side of the line.  

Meanwhile, as further proof that the middle-school children in my neighborhood are psychotic, they left this mock grave marker where the bust used to be and spelled Lincoln's first name wrong on it.  Except for the yellow marigolds, the flower blooms are in fact decapitated from flowers I planted in the park. 

The same kids made mock wanted posters like this one and fastened them to practically every utility pole in the neighborhood earlier this summer.

You can't argue with sick minds. 😱

No comments: