Saturday, February 10, 2024

Back to the News

Well, it seems I'm going once more into the breach.

Since my January 15 post, I started watching TV news more often, but still not as much as I used to.  I've begun watch the BBC's American newscast again - but not every weeknight, only sporadically, as the broadcast usually concerns itself with one or two stories at the expense of everything else - and while I watch Lawrence O'Donnell's MSNBC program, I don't watch it every night like I used to, and I'll watch Chris Hayes or Alex Wagner - or Rachel Maddow on Mondays - when I feel like it, and I don't always feel like it.  (And after watching "Deadline: White House" on MSNBC a few times, I've decided that I won't watch it again until Nicolle Wallace finally comes back.)  As always, though Jen Psaki on MSNBC and Ian Bremmer on PBS remain appointment television.  If I want to keep up with the headline news, though, I'll turn to AM news radio.

And - I've actually begun watching "Morning Joe" on MSNBC regularly - mostly for its entertainment value. 😄

What made me wade back into the news media pool?  Well, I have to have some knowledge of what's going on in the world.  Even if the press only does cover 20 percent of it.  

Meanwhile, David Soul, Charles Osgood, Glynis Johns, Melanie, Carl Weathers and Chita Rivera all died in January.  And I suspect that Amna Nawaz and Geoff Bennett on the PBS NewsHour could only be bothered to report only one or two of those obituaries. 😠  After all, none of these people were rappers.

No comments: