Sunday, August 2, 2020

Pronounced "ees-uh-EE-us"

Well, well, it looks like another tropical system is coming my way!
Hurricane Isaias, the earliest I-named storm on record, formed last week and is now working its way up the Florida Atlantic coast, and it's eventually going too get to my neck of the woods.  I'm not as worried about this storm as I was only yesterday.  For one thing, it's expected to revert back to a tropical storm before it gets up to the Delmarva Peninsula.  Also, it will have 50-mile-per-hour winds, the same intensity as Tropical Storm Fay. So I'm not worrying about the wind so much.  But we might get more than a little rain - maybe four inches' worth!
I'm actually more worried about today's weather, as the local forecasters are not only calling for severe thunderstorms - again - but also suggesting, thanks to all of the tropical moisture, that there could even be a tornado!
I might already be experiencing a power or cable outage by the time you read this.
While Isaias might not be the big deal for New Jersey that it started out to be, it's important to remember that the Atlantic hurricane season has a long way to go before it's over, and a big one - Category 3 or higher - is always possible.  And so the Northeast could very well get the hurricane that the almanacs predicted for this fall.
I can't wait until 2020 is over, although I don't know why, because who's to say 2021 is going to be better? 

No comments: