Sunday, June 14, 2020

Waiting For Release

Here's an update on a story I commented on back in April, the remaining two episodes of a CNN documentary plus John Bolton's book:
So far, it looks like Bolton's book blowing the lid off Trump's reckless foreign policy and how his reelection campaign drove said foreign policy will finally come out on June 23, though, as I always, I would be stunned if it did.  I'm disappointed but not so stunned about the latest turn of events with the remaining two episodes of CNN's documentary about the British royal family.  The last two episodes were scheduled to be aired tonight, June 14.
Ain't happening.  The ongoing fallout from the George Floyd murder and the equally ongoing COVID-19 pandemic have caused CNN to pre-empt them once again in favor of, first, a town hall with leading black female mayors, and then a documentary on how bats spread coronaviruses.  I wouldn't hold out for a third scheduling of these final two episodes of CNN's documentary being the charm, as cable news channels are and must be committed first to cover two major stories that will not go away any time soon or any time later.
And I don't hold out any hope for those unaired episodes of CNN's documentary series of presidential elections in U.S. history ever being aired either.  Ahh, who cares?  The History Channel is airing the first part of a three-part documentary on Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin tonight, and I'd rather see that anyway.  The CNN Royal Family documentary has been off the air so long, picking up where it was let off would be like going back to a D.H. Lawrence novel four years after you last read any of it.  Oh, wait: That's me!
Forget CNN's documentaries.  We'll sooner see Mal Evans' Beatles memoir published.  I know it was lost in the mail, but with the post office about to be liquidated, maybe someone will find the missing manuscript - mailed from Los Angeles, I believe - in a postal storage room somewhere.  

No comments: