Monday, April 6, 2020

Joe Biden For President

I am now making an official endorsement for President.  With Trump as the de facto the Republican nominee, now that William Weld has dropped out (he dropped out on March 18 - nobody noticed), and with only two candidates left for the Democratic presidential nomination, I am now compelled to issue such an endorsement.  I know my Bernie-bro and Sanders-sis friends won't like this, but I am backing Joseph Robinette Biden.
I'm not going to list the reasons for my endorsement here - you can read them in my previous post about Biden from November 2019.  I will add, though, that he is more pragmatic and less doctrinaire than Sanders, but - and this is important - he's more empathetic than Trump, something he's shown in his recent interviews with the press and in his live online statements.  Anyone who saw Biden express his concern for the American people on his March 27 appearance on CNN with Anderson Cooper should be comforted by the idea of "President Biden" - even Sanders supporters, who are so inflexible that they've become the Islamic State of political fandom.  And I'm sorry if I've offended any of you who are Sanders supporters, but I didn't make this endorsement to spare anyone's feelings.
Sanders can't win the Democratic presidential nomination; it's mathematically impossible.  Andrew Cuomo is no more likely to accept a draft for the nomination than his father was in 1988.  And even though I live in a safe Democratic state where a third-party candidate wouldn't take enough votes away from Biden to give the state to Trump, I'm not going to go third party again this November like I did in 2016.  I've had it with so-called progressives who want to start a new liberal party.  They've had four years to do it, and they haven't done a lick in that endeavor.  No - at this point, it's Biden or nothing, nothing being Trump.
Joe Biden for President.  End of story.      

No comments: