Sunday, December 9, 2018

Clarification: December 9, 2018

In my November 12, 2018 appraisal of former Maryland governor Martin O'Malley's presidential prospects for 2020, "Quo Vadis, Martin?", I wrote this about O'Malley's failure to campaign for  Maryland Democratic gubernatorial nominee Ben Jealous: "O'Malley's decision to keep his distance from Jealous, whom he did not back for the Maryland gubernatorial election, reflects badly on the former governor."  I should have said, "O'Malley's decision to keep his distance from Jealous, whom he did not back for the Maryland Democratic gubernatorial nomination, reflects badly on the former governor."  I failed to stress that O'Malley had supported Jealous' chief rival for the Maryland Democratic gubernatorial nomination, Rushern Baker, in the primary.  I've cleared it up by amending the original post.  

No comments: