Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Blog Slowdown

As I type this on the day before Thanksgiving, I have to contemplate how Trump is sticking by the crown prince of Saudi Arabia over the evidence that the prince orchestrated Jamal Khasgoggi's murder for economic interests - not America's, Trump's own -and the fact that a bluntly racist interim senator like Mississippi's Cindy Hyde-Smith could win a special runoff election next week because of, not in spite of, her attitudes - and I want to hurl.  Leaving me more indisposed is that, despite the Democrats winning the largest popular-vote margin - 8.8 million votes - Trump could still win re-election in 2020  because of an unfair advantage in the Electoral College and the refusal of the Trump base to abandon him even when it's obvious that his own policies are hurting them.  
That out of the way - with the understanding that there's more to get out of the way in the future - I'm hoping to spend less time in this space in the coming weeks.  I've gotten frustrated not necessarily with feeling the need to comment on all of the news out there (Ivanka's e-mails - lock her up!)  but with all of the difficulties I've had with my blog of late.  I've been writing so much, I've gotten quite exhausted.  Also, there's the typo issue.  After proofreading a draft two or three times and going ahead and publishing it, thinking I've found every possible typographical error or omission, a mistake shows up after I've published the blog post.  My only solace after fixing such a previously unchecked error is that not too many people noticed it.   
Anyway, with my commentary on the fiftieth anniversary of the Beatles' White Album winding down - I have two more posts to write about that - and with a growing feeling of exasperation over this blog, I am going to try to post fewer entries through next week and December.  I say "try" because who knows what Trump is going to pull next to require all of us to pay more attention to him.  Happy Thanksgiving in advance.

No comments: